Skip to navigation

Monday, December 20, 2004

I'll Take Deadpan Cleverness Over Shortsighted Paranoia Any Day

Dennis Kennedy has more than a few constructive comments at The Blawg Channel for Professor Jeffrey Rosen:

Unfortunately, as a mere practicing lawyer, I was unable to follow or understand most of the article. However, Rosen did paint a view of the blog world that was new to me. He set up quite a number of straw men and mowed them right down. Mainly, I was left wondering what he could possibly be saying to his students that had him so worried about them blogging about him. That's more a criticism of me, of course, than it is a criticism of his article, which I'm sure that I'd find quite good if I could understand it. [...]

Other takes on this article I've enjoyed: Evan Schaeffer's (via Kevin Heller) (I wonder if Professor Rosen sips cappucino with Andrew Orlowski? John C. Dvorak?); Will Baude's.


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.