Skip to navigation

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Today's New Blawg

Wow! A full seven years in the making and seven volumes in length, Bill Patry's Patry on Copyright treatise is now available. (At $1,498.00 for the whole shebang, at least West gives you free shipping! I'll have to start saving my pennies.) There can be no doubt it's a treasure trove; you can get Bill's full rundown here:

I have also tried to place copyright issues in the personal, social, and political contexts in which they arose: there are anecdotes aplenty and enough references to other scholars and disciplines to give a generation of law students ideas for law review notes. I have also drawn on my eight years experience in the legislative branch of government into how problems are identified, debated and ultimately resolved or not at the policy level. . . .

Perhaps best of all is the news the work will update twice annually (this may be difficult to grasp in the context of a blog post, but a twice yearly update to a legal treatise is way up there on the frequency scale), and that it has its own blog, the Patry Treatise Blog:

The purpose of this blog is to begin to break down the one-way nature of legal treatises. I am interested in dialogue, and in improving my own understanding. Usually, one person gets the ball rolling, and that's how I regard the treatise: it was a way for me to organize and discipline my thoughts. . . .

I want it. (It's less sleek than an iPhone, but no doubt just as useful.)


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.