Skip to navigation

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Plumb General Counsel Jobs

I'm here at Web 2.0, where two really amazing General Counsel openings have come to my attention.

The first is with Tucows. If I had any desire to move to Toronto, Ontario, you wouldn't be hearing about this from me because I'd have snapped it up by now. Elliot Noss is one of the coolest people on the planet. His main qualification for filling this spot: that you love the Internet. Interestingly, they've been trying to lure candidates by placing an enticing ad on Rob Hyndman's blog ("Are you a brilliant lawyer? Hate life at your firm? Love the Internet? Click here for a better life!"), which somehow has not resulted in a flood of resumes. Maybe blogging it is a more effective way to get the word out. Whatever the case, get in there and take advantage, this is a terrific opportunity.

The second is with a Mountain View, California organization that is One You Know, and, again, I can scarcely imagine a more interesting in-house spot. I can't say more here because they haven't announced it publicly, but if you're interested, and know a thing or two about open source software, ping me and I'll fill you in.

[Prurient postscript:] In case you weren't aware, Blawg Review's anonymous editor is quite a wordsmith. He was kind enough to point out a rather critical distinction between plumb (that link is not exactly work safe) vs. plum jobs...Since the post headline has long since propagated out to aggregators, I guess I'll just have to make sure things around here are sufficiently buckled and buttoned to discourage any misguided search traffic....


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.