Skip to navigation

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Podcasters Rock

Seriously, Paul Figgiani (Gigavox Media), Steve Holden (TechNewsRadio), and Victor Cajiao (Typical PC User Podcast; Typical Mac User Podcast; Immigration Tales Podcast), you guys have been so incredibly generous and helpful I scarcely know what to do with myself. Thank you so much. Victor sums up (and embodies) the coolness of the podcasting community and its helpful and encouraging spirit too well:

Steve Holden from Tech News Radio Podcast, told me that [Denise] needed some assistance doing her Skype recording and that [she] and I had similar Mackie Onyx Boards.

I called her on the phone and she had already figured out 99% of the entire deal thanks to this article. Anyway to make a long story, longer, we had a very nice chat, I explained some foundational things about audio and getting gain correct on the Mackie and how and why we need AUX 1 and AUX 2.

Bottom line she was able to record a live Skype call between her and I, and I think she is ready. The Coooool part is how in the podcasting community people that have never met each other (Like Denise and I) can come together with a common goal in a matter of minutes and produce something that will eventually be of value to the everyone in the Podsphere. No egos, no bias, just people helping other people produce content. It's a beautiful thing man, it just is.

Amen, I couldn't agree more, and did I ever need "some foundational things" explained! Now I'm, ahem, just an old pro...


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.