Friday, May 19, 2006
Ah, summer associate time is here again. In recognition of this time-honored ritual, here are:
- "Questions to help first-class bullshitters self-identify," from the May issue of Fast Company (captioned "Quiz: Am I a total jerk?" in the TOC);
- the Amazon page for Jeremy Blachman's forthcoming novel, Anonymous Lawyer, based on everyone's favorite blawg by a fictional hiring partner;
- AL's MySpace profile;
- AL's ten pieces of recent advice (1-5; 6-10) for incoming summers;
- tales of summer program related verbs and vibes, from Buffalo Wings & Vodka; and
- a reminder that Jeremy's fictional sadist received (still receives??) a goodly number of resumes; as Ernie put it: "These days people are so desperate to find an honest lawyer that they will even find themselves drawn to one that is a complete emotional cipher. Then again, maybe law students are just desperate to get jobs, to the point where they'd apply anywhere and say anything to get hired."
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.