Skip to navigation

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Event Horizon

If I were able to clone myself, I'd certainly be going to:

If I were able to conjure myself an invite (you'd think there'd be improved odds given the season and all, but sadly no), I'd certainly be going to Google's Zeitgeist, which started today.

But where I will be showing up in the very near future (yay! this post was beginning to border on the whiny, and I've got very little to whine about...except the mice that have apparently established a beachhead in the kitchen...but I digress) is at the following:

  • I'll be participating in a panel discussion this Friday the 28th at 1:30 p.m. called "Piracy, Grokster and Encryption: The Industry Strikes Back," as part of UCLA Law School's alumni weekend festivities. I see Professor Volokh is speaking later that day, with any luck I'll finally get to meet him in person.
  • On Saturday, November 12th at 3:15 p.m. I'll be moderating a panel at the Portable Media Expo on legal issues related to podcasting: "Thicket In Your Ear." Comprising the panel are ICANN guru, blogger, and podcaster Bret Fausett, Ernest Miller, who has forgotten more about IP and technology law than the rest of us can ever hope to know, and Colette Vogele from Stanford's CIS, who is right now working on a legal guide to podcasting along the lines of EFF's Legal Guide for Bloggers. I'm really looking forward to the conference as a whole and to our panel. Broadly speaking we'll be covering issues related to other people's IP, the podcaster's IP, and media law and communications issues, and we'd greatly appreciate your input and questions as to specific areas (within those topics or otherwise) you'd like to have addressed.

Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.