Skip to navigation

Monday, April 18, 2005

Getting Geek

Doc cracked me up recently by merely mentioning getting small, which as a kid I could spiel off from memory, air banjo and all.

Talk about a banner year for artistic endeavor: Let's Get Small came out in 1977, same as Star Wars. My latest guilty pleasure has been the podcast from TheForce.net, which is a great way to eavesdrop on how the dearly devoted are gearing up for the last ever new release of a Star Wars film. Can't wait until May 19? Neither could I. So I caved and bought the audio book. (Haven't listened yet, we'll see how long that lasts.) Apparently I'm not alone: the based-on-the-screenplay novel is No. 3 on the New York Times Bestseller list.

[Update]: I mean, we're talking about a watershed year bar none for creativity. I wonder if there have been studies. Also from 1977 (via a promo on the Daily Source Code): Don't Give Up On Us Baby.


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.