Skip to navigation

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Pardon My Namespace

Many thanks to Erwin van Hunen at Doppler Radio (and to Steve Holden for bringing it to his attention) for helping straighten out an issue I created when I tried to add the Creative Commons element to my hand-rolled podcast RSS feed. Namely, I hadn't added the proper namespace

xmlns:creativeCommons="http://backend.userland.com/creativeCommonsRssModule"

to the XML file. Fixed now, please let me know if you spot other hiccups.

This goes to what I was saying in my recent podcast: I'd be surprised to see a court penalize an ordinary user on the copyright front for failing to offer pristine or adequately informational feeds.

Creative Commons has a section (addressed to "Developers") on Using Creative Commons Metadata, and notes: "Syndic8 tracks RSS feeds that are available under a Creative Commons license."


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.