Skip to navigation

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

FeedBurner: Creative Commons, Podcasts, Mobility, Oh My

I figured out (with the help of Eric and Joe at FeedBurner) why no Creative Commons license information was coming through in Bag and Baggage's feeds, and learned a bunch of other interesting stuff to boot:

  • Some of FeedBurner's settings apparently can cancel each other out. My Creative Commons information wasn't visible until I turned off the "Mobile Burner" and the "Content-Type Burner" (that last tweak was necessary because I'm using "SmartFeed").
  • FeedBurner's "SmartCast" lets you post podcast content in any feed.
  • FeedBurner has a Mobile Feed Reader that as of Jan. 9 supports the Sony Ericsson K700i (and a slew of other mobile devices). I just downloaded it, and you know what? A phone has not realized its full potential until it can read Engadget and BoingBoing.

Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.