Skip to navigation

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Walls, Doors, Floors, Ceilings: Your Days Are Numbered

I must have warmed to David Giacalone's BloggerCon essay ("Jargon Builds Walls Not Bridges") because of the chaotic, construction-ravaged state of my home at the moment. We're all about ripping through walls, windows, floors, ceilings, peace, quiet... (Don't ever think you can undertake a "small" construction project. There is no such beast. Recently, I was game enough to suggest to some nice friends who want to throw me a shower in November, "Hey, we could do it at the house." Now I'm wondering: (1) whether the sounds of hammers, saws, and a vast array of power tools might actually be soothing to an infant, like a clothes dryer or car engine, and (2) whether any of our local hotels might cut me a special "maternity leave" rate come December.)

But as usual, I digress. Do you think terms like "blog" and "blawg" are cliquish and off-putting? I don't. If you have an opinion, go add it to the thread. (If you have carpentry skills, I'll see you at 8:00 a.m. sharp.)


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.