Skip to navigation

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Rollin'

Have you noticed how Dean Kamen is everywhere right now? There's the 60 Minutes II piece (part I; part II, featuring his fascinating water purification project), and the NPR interview, just for starters. I think it's because the iBOT wheelchair recently received FDA approval, and if so the acclaim is well-deserved. I mean, just check out the pictures of that stair-climbing, height-enhancing wonder! Though it will cost more than many an automobile, I'd bet its operators will find it just as valuable.

(Learning about Kamen's FIRST project made me sympathetic in advance for my poor kid-to-be, who no doubt will find my urgings to "Go play with your MindStorms!" as palatable as I found Mom's insistence that I practice my scales...)


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.