Skip to navigation

Thursday, September 26, 2002

Can I Have An ASCII Of That?

The more I see this kind of Herculean effort [JD Lasica, When Bloggers Commit Journalism; yes, I know this is a column, not a blog entry] -- and those of, e.g., Doc, Donna and Dan, as well as my own carpally minacious outings -- the more I think we're in for an intersection between the world of weblogging and the world of court reporting. Which is not to say good blogging consists of regurgitating who said what at an event. But the significance of the fact these tools let anyone "report" firsthand on limited or closed proceedings that may be of interest to whole swaths of people who cannot attend should not be ignored.

Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.