Skip to navigation

Monday, June 03, 2002

RSS Primer; Blogger Pro RSS; Auto-Discovery

Steven Cohen's article on RSS for non-techies is up at llrx. Thanks Steven, we non-librarians appreciate this too. Hey, and the Blogger Pro RSS generator now works for blog*spot users! So, if you're subscribing here, I suggest updating to http://bgbg.blogspot.com/rss/bgbg.xml, which is RSS v. 0.91 and includes post headings. (I'll leave the Voidstar code in the template for anyone who prefers v. 0.92 and no headings, and/or has no time for this sort of thing.) Finally, as I understand the RSS auto-discovery talk -- "you can subscribe to an HTML page, and if it has a suitable 'link' element in its 'head', the aggregator will subscribe to the RSS feed it points to" -- I have done the deed to Bag and Baggage. If you are auto-discovering my RSS (will this require local anesthetic?), do let me know that it worked.

Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.