Skip to navigation

Thursday, May 23, 2002

Rufus Wainwright

"Lush, stylistic, just slightly extravagant piano-driven pop tunes that are destined to have their way with you," says search result two on Google for Rufus Wainwright, pointing to this site (where I don't actually see the right-on quote). The artist's own site is here. Ben Folds meets, shoot, I dunno, Billy Joel on psychedelics? His music did have its way with me. Once again, I must register pleasant surprise that Carson Daly brought him to my attention, and just garden variety surprise that last night's other Last Call guest, Mark Cuban, does not appear to have a blog (he'd have to cut down on the caffeine first, perhaps).

Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.