Skip to navigation

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Over Thered

  • Kevin Heller: "[I]f you're non-technical and interested in hosting your own blog, I can help you get it going A-Z for rates much lower than lexblog is charging." (Who could resist a Google Fight on that one?)
  • Dennis Kennedy: "I can't dance to a copy of your copyright registration form."
  • Ernie Svenson: "By ourselves we're kind of lost, but together we know a lot. And search engines like Yahoo and Google and other search engines are good at helping us depend on the kindness of strangers. Oh, and one other lesson: people that run sites like Martindale, which don't let Google index them, are complete idiots." (link omitted) Also: "[S]ome form of stretching, coupled with the indiscriminate use of automatic weapons."
  • Marty Schwimmer: "I encourage you, in your special role as 'expert federal legislator,' to consider participating in a somewhat novel communications network for creating a conversation about legislation with concerned citizens: legal blogs."
  • My old law school buddy Bob Holtzapple, in the April California Lawyer's IP Roundtable: "For example, Canon buys the ad word Xerox for its copiers so Canon comes up when Xerox is used as a search word. When I try to put this issue in a trademark box and analyze the elements, I come up lacking. I wonder whether the remedy for my Xerox hypothetical isn't trademark law, but some sort of unfair competition claim."
  • Gary Turner: "Coveting Thy Neighbour's Wifi"
  • And Frank Paynter brings hope that while I've never been any good at math, perhaps I haven't been trying the right kind.

Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.