Skip to navigation

Monday, May 17, 2004

Ooh! Ooh!

Sorry to go all Arnold Horshack on you, but something just occurred to me as I was archiving a piece of Gmail with a PDF attached. Google searches PDFs! Does it do it in Gmail? It should! (Though that would raise its own set of privacy concerns.) Checking the Help pages, I see you can search for PDFs, but I don't see anything about being able to search within them:

How do I use advanced search? [...]
filename: - Search for keywords that match the name of the attachment. This operator is also useful if you are searching for a specific attachment type, like PDF (.pdf). By searching for filename:pdf, you will find all messages with attachments that are PDF files.


Creative Commons LicenseUnless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Denise M. Howell and included in the Bag and Baggage weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.